by: Sunny Ray F. Amit
The recently distributed E-Class Grading System (ECGS) Version 2.0 gained wide support from the field. However, some prospective users from among the 3,272 who downloaded the file noted some problems with the ECGS. Among these problems is the observed constant inquiry of MS Access to open or enable the file. Also noted by the users is the field for the Learner’s Reference Number (LRN) which does not accept the 12 digits entry. Other users also suggested that if possible the ECGS should also include, among its features, the preparation of grading sheets, the Form 137 or Permanent Record of the student and the Form 138 or Report Card.
The software designer, Mr. Sunny Ray F. Amit, made the necessary revisions to the ECGS to address the problems and accommodate the suggestions from the users. The revised software is now available as Kto12ECGSVersion2.1 and can be downloaded at http://tinyurl.com/ecgsv2-1. Its new features in addition to the preparation of the initial and final grades of the students are the processing of the grading sheets and the Form 138 or Report Card of the students. The request from some users to include the preparation of the Form 137 or Permanent Record of the students will be made available soon.
The ECGS Version 2.1 will now accommodate the 12-digit LRN of the students. The problem noted on the Microsoft Access inquiring from the user to open or enable the ECGS is due to the default configuration of the program to prevent running computer harmful scripts or macro. This configuration of the MS Access can be adjusted to allow the ECGS to run without the constant inquiry from the MS Access to run or enable the ECGS content by following the steps below:
For Microsoft Office 2003 Users
1. Open Microsoft Access to adjust the settings.
2. How to open Microsoft Access?
i. First, click on the START button of the Windows.
ii. Click on ALL PROGRAMS
iii. Find the MICROSOFT OFFICE among the options
iv. Click on the MICROSOFT OFFICE to look for Microsoft Access and click on it.
v. As soon as Microsoft Access is open, find among the menu the Tools.
vi. Click on the Tools to open the drop down menu and look for the option named as “Macro” and click on it.
vii. As soon as you click on Macro, a pop-up window will appear. Select the LOW (Not Recommended) option.
viii. After selecting the Low (Not Recommended) option, click OKAY. And close the Microsoft Access by clicking on the X button on the far right upper edge of the screen.
ix. After setting the Macro Level to Low, you are now ready to open the Kto12ECGSReleaseVersion2
For Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 Users
1. Left Click on the Windows Logo (Start) on the lower left corner of the screen.
2. As soon as the Start Menu appear, look for the ALL PROGRAMS and left-click on it.
3. Another set of options will appear, look for the Microsoft Office Folder option and left-click on it.
4. As soon as the Microsoft Office Folder will open, you will see the Microsoft Access option and left-click on it.
5. As soon as Microsoft Access opens, look for the Microsoft Logo on the upper left corner of the screen and right-click on it and a small pop-up will appear with the following choices:
Customize Quick Access Toolbar
Show Quick Access Toolbar Below the Ribbon
Minimize the Ribbon
6. Left-Click on the option “Customize Quick Access Toolbar” and a pop-up window will appear.
7. Look for the option “Select Trust Center” and left-click on it.
8. In the next pop-up window, select the Trust Center Setting Button located on the middle portion at the right side of the pop up window and left-click on it.
9. Another pop-up window will appear. This time, select the option “Select Macro Settings” and left click on it for the Macro Setting window to appear. In this pop-up window, select the Enable All Macros (not recommended potentially dangerous code can run). This option will allow the VBA codes to run smoothly.
10. Then Click OK in all windows until you are back to the main window of Microsoft Access. Click the X button on the far upper right corner of the window to close Microsoft Access.
11. The foregoing steps has just adjusted the security settings of Microsoft Acces and you are now ready to use the Kto12ECGSReleaseVersion2.1.
12. To open the Kto12ECGSReleaseVersion2.1, find the file and double left click on it.
[vz_message type=”4″]To ensure a better space in your computer (desktop, laptop or netbook), copy the Kto12ECGSReleaseVersion2.1.mdb on any drive of your computer and use the file in that location. Working on the Kto12ECGSReleaseVersion2.1.mdb in a USB is not advisable as the file will grow big while being used. [/vz_message]